References

Healthcare


Blutspendedienst West
Bluspendedienst West

The blood transfusion service „DRK Blutspendedienst West“ is part of the german Red Cross Ambulance and an institution of the national association of Northrine-Westfalia-Lippe, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland.
The first blood transfusion service was founded in 1951 in Düsseldorf, the first blood donation was realised in february 1952.
From the beginning the blood transfusion service has assumed the direct supply of his patients on a voluntary and non paid basis and so accorded to the worldwide agreed fundamentals of the Red Cross.
The Security and the welfare of the blood doners have the highest priority for the blood transfusion service „DRK Blutspendedienst West.

Since 2010 the technical central sector is working with the openthinclient software-suite distributed on 4 locations. On the workplaces in production and marketing the employees use thinclients with citrix-applications; additional tools like bar code readers, serial scales and data- and temperature logger are connected.
In this combination about 200 „old“ windwos xp clients were replaced by efficient and economical clients.
By switching to openthinclient-software and new thinclient hardware the administration expenditure could be lowered on a minimum and the financial costs could therefore stinted.